By submitting your details and becoming a member of the Money and Mental Health Research Community you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of membership. Please ensure you read these before joining.
Our community values:
Friendly: We are genuinely thrilled you have agreed to participate in our online research community and want to give you a really warm welcome. We are looking forward to getting to know you as you share more with us.
Safe: This is a private online space where every community member has a personal connection to mental health. That might be because they have experience of mental health problems themselves, or because they support someone who does.
Respectful: We expect you to respect the opinions of others, even if they are at odds with your own. You and your opinions or experiences will not be judged, and nor should anyone else’s be. We actively encourage healthy debate, but ask you to remain respectful at all times. Posts and comments deemed to be disrespectful will be removed by the Moderator.
Appreciative: Even if we don't manage to thank you for every contribution you make, please know we are genuinely grateful to you for your input. We have a big challenge ahead, and we can’t do it without you.
Honest: A good answer is an honest answer. It really is as simple as that. We’ll also be honest with you - we tell you what information we’re collecting, and what we’re going to do with it.
Impactful: Our aim is to break the link between financial difficulty and mental health problems. To do that we need to understand as much as possible about the experiences and opinions of people who have been there. We are committed to using the insights you share to make a difference. Our success will be a shared success.
We take your privacy very seriously, and recognise the courage it often takes to share experiences of mental illness and of financial difficulty, and the sensitive nature of the information you are sharing with us.
Our Privacy and Cookies Policy explains in detail how we use this personal information and the steps we take to keep it safe.
By joining the Money and Mental Health Research Community you agree:
- To keep your password information confidential.
- You are responsible for any content you add or upload to My Money and Mental Health, including the information you provided on registration and any picture posted as part of your profile information.
- To provide true and accurate personal information when registering to join the community and when completing research surveys and activities. You do not have to share any information that you don’t want to. But we ask that everything you do share is accurate, to the best of your knowledge.
- That you understand that your display name and profile photo together with any information you post or upload to shared group discussions and online focus groups in the Money and Mental Health Research Community are available to other users, and therefore will not be kept confidential. When participating in online focus groups or discussions, your display name will, by default, be your first name. If you would like to use a different name, just let us know and we will sort this out for you to provide additional protection to your anonymity.
- Not to post any content that is illegal, threatening, abusive, obscene, or invasive of another's privacy or otherwise inappropriate. And that you will respect others’ opinions that may be posted during community discussions. If you are abusive, threatening or obscene in a community discussion or focus group, we will give you a warning, and ask you to leave the group if your behaviour does not change.
- You will not hold the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute responsible for other community members’ comments that you may find offensive.
- That the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute shall have the right (but not the obligation) to refuse or remove any content that is posted via the community.
- Not to copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of My Money and Mental Health.
- That any material you download to your PC or other device is done at your own risk, and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material.
- That My Money and Mental Health uses Java Script/Java, and Flash technologies, which means you must have cookies, Java Script/Java and Flash player 7 or higher enabled on your computer in order to access and participate in this Community.
- To receive emails in HTML format.
You can get back to this page at any time through the menu bar.